Latest News on the 7¼" Track Extension:
Members coming to our site will have seen the continuing progress on the new 7¼" gauge track extension. Headed by Roy Hollingworth; the team of enthusiastic members have made fantastic progress. Roy continues to issue a monthly progress report to the Committee which advises on both progress and spend. Listed here, is a brief extract of the main parts of Roy’s November report:
- 20 tons of ballast delivered; with the first 120ft of track at the top of the Bank now complete.
- The electronics board has been installed in the cabinet at the top of the Bank after being exhibited at the Midland Model Exhibition.
- Preparation of the wider section of track bed along Mere Way to accommodate the steaming loop.
- The production of the curved track sections for the long bend in the cutting is progressing.
- Materials for the new road crossing have been made. The road has been marked out for cutting and supports have been made to hold the rail section in place while the concrete is poured.
A Gallery of images taken as work progresses is available via the Gallery tab in the menu above.
I am sure you will join the Committee in thanking Roy and his dedicated volunteers for their continuing hard work. When you stop and reflect on where the project was this time last year – embroiled in an exchange of paperwork and questions – this puts into perspective the progress made in such a short period!